From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] culling the catalyst repo branches
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 02:25:37
1 Hi everyone,
2
3 Currently the catalyst git repo at
4 http://gitweb.gentoo.org/proj/catalyst.git has the following branches:
5
6 remotes/origin/2.X
7 remotes/origin/3.0
8 remotes/origin/HEAD -> origin/master
9 remotes/origin/catalyst_2
10 remotes/origin/catalyst_3
11 remotes/origin/master
12 remotes/origin/pending
13 remotes/origin/rewrite-on-master
14 remotes/origin/tar-volume-label
15
16 as obtained by `git branch -a`. This is a bit of a mess. After
17 discussions in freenode/#gentoo-releng, we've come up with the following
18
19 2.X - legacy branch. Releases are coming from this branch but that will
20 end soon.
21 3.0 - development branch for dol-sen only.
22 master - development branch were we should focus our contributions
23 catalyst_2 - dead and should be nuked
24 catalyst_3 - dead and should be nuked
25 pending - has some development work in it.
26 write-on-master - no idea
27 tar-volume-label - no idea
28
29 Okay time to do some cleanup. I want to nuke the catalyst_2 and
30 catalyst_3 branches. dol-sen is going to take care of pending and 3.0.
31 I have no idea what write-on-master and tar-volume-label are so my
32 feeling is to nuke those too unless someone speaks up and said, wait NO!
33
34 Any comments before I act. I'll wait about a week.
37 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
38 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
39 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
40 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
41 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA