From: Robert C Corsaro <rcorsaro@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] livecd-stage1 problem
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:46:11
1 I am following the HOWTO at
2 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_build_a_LiveCD_with_Catalyst_for_newbies.
3
4 I've tried moving the package that requires intltool to the stage2 part
5 and that causes the same error in the stage2 build. I couldn't find
6 anyone with the same problem in the list archive, which makes me think
7 I'm doing something wrong. I can post my catalyst config files if
8 anyone would like them.
9
10 The configure part that checks for XML::Parser just runs 'perl -e
11 "require XML::Parser"'. I research a little and it looks like the
12 package is failing to load because of a link error with expat. The
13 recommended solution is to do a revdep-rebuild, but I'm not sure how to
14 accomplish this with a stage1 build.
15
16 dev-perl/XML-Parser is definitely installed. I'm using the
17 release/current stage3 archive for this build. I also tried the 2007.0
18 release with no luck. Perhaps I need a newer stage3?
19
20 >>> Emerging (127 of 173) dev-util/intltool-0.35.5 to /
21 * This profile has not been tested thoroughly and is not considered to be
22 * a supported server profile at this time. For a supported server
23 * profile, please check the Hardened project (http://hardened.gentoo.org).
24
25 * This profile is merely a convenience for people who require a more
26 * minimal profile, yet are unable to use hardened due to restrictions in
27 * the software being used on the server. This profile should also be used
28 * if you require GCC 4.1 or Glibc 2.4 support. If you don't know if this
29 * applies to you, then it doesn't and you should probably be using
30 * Hardened, instead.
31
32 * Applying intltool-0.35.5-update.patch ...
33 [ ok ]
34 checking for a BSD-compatible install... /bin/install -c
35 checking whether build environment is sane... yes
36 checking for gawk... gawk
37 checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
38 checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
39 checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
40 required for intltool
41 --
42 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list