From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Keeping a test environment using catalyst
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 12:59:46
1 On Tue, 2005-05-10 at 20:23 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > Next question: I want to create a new runlevel, so I need a directory
3 > /etc/runlevels/newlevel created in my image. I thought I would do it in
4 > the fsscript, but that happens too late: the rcadd stuff runs before
5 > that and fails.
6 >
7 > I guess I could put the rc-update into the fsscript too, after the
8 > mkdir, rather than leaving it in the livecd/rcadd section. Too bad
9 > though. Is there another easy way to get that directory created
10 > (without adding a whole ebuild package or something for it)?
11
12 The "proper" way would be via an ebuild first, and fsscript second.
13
14 Remember also, that catalyst is not designed to be everything to
15 everyone. One of the primary reasons for having catalyst calling tons
16 of external scripts, rather than incorporating everything into a single
17 monolithic script/executable, is to allow you, the user, to replace
18 portions of it to do what you want. It is designed to be flexible, but
19 sometimes it requires someone to rewrite a module or modify it to get
20 the exact results desired.
23 Chris Gianelloni
25 Games - Developer
26 Gentoo Linux