From: Christophe PEREZ <christophe.perez@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Re: minimal install on usb key
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 16:46:38
1 Le Thu, 23 Jun 2005 09:14:07 -0400, Chris Gianelloni a écrit :
2
3 > There is no "howto" at all, since it is the exact same as building a CD
4 > using catalyst.
5
6 I just found what I needed in the livecd-specs package.
7 So, for test, I want to build exactly the same iso as install-minimal.
8 I took livecd-stage1.spec, and built the first stage.
9 But, in the second, I have a conflict with ipw2100 and ipw2200.
10
11 --------------------------------------------
12 * Preparing to run callback: "emerge pcmcia-cs speedtouch slmodem globespan-adsl hostap-driver hostap-utils ipw2100 ipw2200 acpid cryptsetup"Calculating dependencies ...done!
13
14 !!! Error: the net-wireless/ipw2100 package conflicts with another package.
15 --
16 !!! Please use 'emerge --pretend' to determine blockers.
17 ---------------------------------------------
18
19 I don't understand why, if I have exactly the same specs as the creator of
20 the iso...
21
22 Others questions :
23
24 1) how to specify, in catalyst, options for boot, for example, the
25 rootdelay= ? I could change it by hand in isolinux.cfg but, in catalyst ?
26
27 2) my portage/disfiles in on a nfs mount. And if I configure catalyst to
28 use this directory, bind seems not to work, and all packages are
29 downloaded each time in stages.
30
31 3) to use disstcc, I just have to add it in options of catalyst.conf, and
32 specify hosts in distcc_hosts of stages ? I always have errors during
33 compilation if I do that.
34
35 I use catalyst-1.1.10_pre11
36
37 PS : Sorry if I don't explain more, but it's really difficult for me to
38 explain in english. I'm not sure you will understand me.
41 Christophe PEREZ
42 --
43 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list