From: Toon Verstraelen <Toon.Verstraelen@×××××.be>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] live-cd question
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 10:17:11
1 Sorry, I should think twice before posting. I can fix this with the
2 fsscript because it is executed after livecdfs-update.sh that modifies
3 the inittab. I now tried a stage2 with this fsscirpt and it seems to work.
4
5 #!/bin/bash
6 comment out current getty settings
7 sed -i -e '/^c[0-9]/ s/^/#/' /etc/inittab
8
9 # Add our own getty settings
10 echo "c${x}:12345:respawn:/sbin/agetty -nl /mnt/cdrom/scripts/install.sh
11 38400 tty${x} linux" >> /etc/inittab
15 Toon Verstraelen wrote:
16 > Hi,
17 >
18 > I'm new to this list, but didn't find the answer in the archives or on
19 > the forum. I'm trying to make a livecd that automatically partitions and
20 > formats /dev/hda and then downloads an image from a server that can be
21 > installed on the target.
22 >
23 > The first version of the script is finished and works, but I don't get
24 > it started automatically. I've already tried changing /etc/inittab or
25 > /root/.bash_profile by using the livecd/root_overlay option, but my
26 > changes are wiped out later in the stage2 process. Is their another
27 > trick that can do this?
28 >
29 > greetings,
30 >