From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Some easy sugestions to implement, I hope
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 16:25:27
1 Nelson Batalha wrote:
2 > What I'm saying is: catalyst is awesome and is a few command options
3 > away from being acessible to much more people. You may just want a
4 > livecd to use once and not maintain it (short lifespan games cd's for
5 > instance). It's an option people. Want to use it perfectly ignore the
6 > option. Want a quick dirty built use it that's all :).
7
8 What this really comes down to is that none of the catalyst developers (right
9 now, that's Chris and I) are going to go out of our way to implement something
10 that neither of us will *ever* use. If you want functionality like this, perhaps
11 you should write a patch and submit it. Maybe we'll include it, maybe not.
12
13 Many OSS developers get annoyed when people demand new features but are
14 unwilling to "put their money where their mouth is" and write the code themselves.
17 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
18 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
19 --
20 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list