From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Overwriting linuxrc
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 19:10:15
1 On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 14:31 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > %% David Bryson <mutex@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 > db> Well... I was building a highly customized platform and %90 of the
5 > db> software installed on it was custom ebuild from a private portage
6 > db> tree. If you don't want to use the ebuild solution your only
7 > db> option is to hack the catalyst module yourself. Wouldn't be hard,
8 > db> but you'd have to know a bit about python. If I have some free
9 > db> time later today I'll see if I can hack something together.
10 >
11 > I'm actually using a heavily customized version of GNAP, and I have my
12 > own tweaked-out version of gnap_make to control Catalyst.
13 >
14 > So, for now I'm just changing the gnap_make section that invokes the
15 > Catalyst to build livecd-stage2 such that it looks in the spec file
16 > and if it sees a livecd/linuxrc: option there it installs my custom
17 > linuxrc into the livecd-stage1 area for me before invoking catalyst.
18 >
19 > Building now, so we'll see if that did it...
20 >
21 > db> rocket is the name(IRC nick) of the guy doing the code hacking. I
22 > db> spoke to him a few times on IRC to me about some of the
23 > db> requirements I had.
24 >
25 > Ah. So this is Catalyst 2.x stuff?
26
27 I've added livecd/linuxrc support to both catalyst 1.x and catalyst 2.x,
28 so it'll be in both versions.
29
30 At this point, I'm no longer taking any suggestions for features for
31 catalyst 1.x, as I plan on turning it into a bug-fix only branch after
32 catalyst 1.1.10 is released.
35 Chris Gianelloni
37 Games - Developer
38 Gentoo Linux