From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Overwriting linuxrc
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:32:14
1 %% David Bryson <mutex@g.o> writes:
2
3 db> Well... I was building a highly customized platform and %90 of the
4 db> software installed on it was custom ebuild from a private portage
5 db> tree. If you don't want to use the ebuild solution your only
6 db> option is to hack the catalyst module yourself. Wouldn't be hard,
7 db> but you'd have to know a bit about python. If I have some free
8 db> time later today I'll see if I can hack something together.
9
10 I'm actually using a heavily customized version of GNAP, and I have my
11 own tweaked-out version of gnap_make to control Catalyst.
12
13 So, for now I'm just changing the gnap_make section that invokes the
14 Catalyst to build livecd-stage2 such that it looks in the spec file
15 and if it sees a livecd/linuxrc: option there it installs my custom
16 linuxrc into the livecd-stage1 area for me before invoking catalyst.
17
18 Building now, so we'll see if that did it...
19
20 db> rocket is the name(IRC nick) of the guy doing the code hacking. I
21 db> spoke to him a few times on IRC to me about some of the
22 db> requirements I had.
23
24 Ah. So this is Catalyst 2.x stuff?
28 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
29 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
31 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
32 --
33 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list