From: David Bryson <mutex@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Overwriting linuxrc
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 18:21:20
1 On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 02:11:10PM -0400 or thereabouts, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > %% David Bryson <mutex@g.o> writes:
3 >
4 > db> *reads some more*
5 >
6 > db> OK it's all coming back to me now. I added to my ebuild the
7 > db> linuxrc that I wanted, and had it installed in a well known
8 > db> location in /tmp during the emerge process of the catalyst stage.
9 >
10 > Hm. I'm not so thrilled about tweaking out an ebuild for this. I think
11 > I'll try something different.
14 Well... I was building a highly customized platform and %90 of the
15 software installed on it was custom ebuild from a private portage
16 tree. If you don't want to use the ebuild solution your only option
17 is to hack the catalyst module yourself.
18 Wouldn't be hard, but you'd have to know a bit about python. If I
19 have some free time later today I'll see if I can hack something
20 together.
21
22 > >> It's already been done, just that it is in CVS HEAD right now and
23 > >> probably won't be released until after 2005.1 is out the door.
24 >
25 > db> cooooool. :D
26 >
27 > Is there anywhere I can find out more about this "Rocket" stuff? Sounds
28 > neat.
29
30 rocket is the name(IRC nick) of the guy doing the code hacking. I
31 spoke to him a few times on IRC to me about some of the requirements
32 I had.