From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] mkxf86config: Virtualbox experience
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:33:52
1 Pongracz Istvan wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I use virtualbox/qemu to test the livecds.
5 > I know, I will not really popular, but I expected that, if mkxf86 could
6 > not detect the video card, it left empty the driver, instead of vesa
7 > driver. Their video card name is a really strange name.
8 >
9 > Is that possible to make the default driver to "vesa", instead of ""?
10
11 It should already do this. Are you sure you have x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa on
12 your CD? I believe it checks to make sure the driver exists before sticking it
13 in the xorg.conf.
16 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
17 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
18 --
19 gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o mailing list