From: Pongracz Istvan <pongracz.istvan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] mkxf86config: Virtualbox experience
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 13:59:27
1 2008. 02. 26, kedd keltezéssel 07.33-kor Andrew Gaffney ezt írta:
2 > Pongracz Istvan wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I use virtualbox/qemu to test the livecds.
6 > > I know, I will not really popular, but I expected that, if mkxf86 could
7 > > not detect the video card, it left empty the driver, instead of vesa
8 > > driver. Their video card name is a really strange name.
9 > >
10 > > Is that possible to make the default driver to "vesa", instead of ""?
11 >
12 > It should already do this. Are you sure you have x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa on
13 > your CD? I believe it checks to make sure the driver exists before sticking it
14 > in the xorg.conf.
17 Hi,
18
19 Yes, I am sure, because usually I simply write the "vesa" inside the
20 xorg.conf to the relevant section and X starts smoothly, without problem
21 and I am able to use X.
22
23 Videocard: InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter
24
25 Video is InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter, using
26 Xorg Server
29 This is without installing virtualbox-additions to the livecd.
30
31 The only problem with this, vesa is not the default card in this
32 specific case.
33
34 Cheers,
35 István