From: lurker <lurker@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] mkxf86config: Virtualbox experience
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:39:18
1 On 26/02/08 14:59, Pongracz Istvan wrote:
2 > 2008. 02. 26, kedd keltezéssel 07.33-kor Andrew Gaffney ezt írta:
3 >> Pongracz Istvan wrote:
4 >>> Hi,
5 >>>
6 >>> I use virtualbox/qemu to test the livecds.
7 >>> I know, I will not really popular, but I expected that, if mkxf86 could
8 >>> not detect the video card, it left empty the driver, instead of vesa
9 >>> driver. Their video card name is a really strange name.
10 >>>
11 >>> Is that possible to make the default driver to "vesa", instead of ""?
12 >> It should already do this. Are you sure you have x11-drivers/xf86-video-vesa on
13 >> your CD? I believe it checks to make sure the driver exists before sticking it
14 >> in the xorg.conf.
17 > Hi,
18 >
19 > Yes, I am sure, because usually I simply write the "vesa" inside the
20 > xorg.conf to the relevant section and X starts smoothly, without problem
21 > and I am able to use X.
22
23 I've attached two patches that I apply when running fsscript. I believe
24 that the xorg.conf.in.patch is most essential, as it adds a second video
25 card as vesa and screen with default resolution settings as a sort of
26 fallback.
27
28 Beware that they might be outdated for your version of mkxf86config.
29
30 > Videocard: InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter
31 >
32 > Video is InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH VirtualBox Graphics Adapter, using
33 > Xorg Server
36 > This is without installing virtualbox-additions to the livecd.
37 >
38 > The only problem with this, vesa is not the default card in this
39 > specific case.
40 >
41 > Cheers,
42 > István