From: John Eckhart <jweckhart@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] catalyst enhancement
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:41:45
1 Chris,
3 certain that I would most definitely use it. I've been using catalyst for a
4 while to build images and systems for various purposes at work.
5
6 I often build different types of images using variations on the spec
7 files and in order to not pollute my tested working environments, I copy the
8 whole thing into a new dir. I currently use some sed magic to set the
9 absolute paths but if catalyst used relative paths it would make life just a
10 little better.
11
12 The big thing is when I make changes in a development spec file and I
13 want to compare those to the original I need to sort through the absolute
14 path differences in order to find the lines that actually changed. Also,
15 since the absolute paths change per dir, a simple diff -rq specs.orig
16 specs.new will show all my specs as changed. It would be great to know
17 exactly what files changed without manually sifting them.
18
19 So, FWIW ... I would vote thumbs up to the suggestions. =)
20
21 Thanks for the great tool. There really is no replacement for catalyst
22 (trust me, I've tried them all).
23 John
24