From: David Wilk <davidwilk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@g.o
Cc: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] gensplash kernel with internal initramfs
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:12:03
1 Sure, and that's what I tried first. I had a separate initrd line
2 (for lilo) like you have below and lilo would only load the initrd and
3 not the initramfs in the kernel. I need both loaded like isolinux
4 does.
5
6 I only tried passing the initrd line to the kernel in hopes that the
7 kernel would somehow help in loading it's initramfs. After all, it is
8 kept in the kernel image itself.
9
10 The specific exampe here is the way the gentoo livecd works. It loads
11 both an initramfs (first) as well as an initrd (later in boot
12 process). I would like to mimic that behavior with lilo (or grub if
13 necessary).
14
15 I know this is confusing. Hell, it took me a good while just to
16 figure out that the gentoo livecd hid their boot splash in an
17 initramfs hidden in the kernel! I appreciate your help with this.
18
19 thanks,
20 Dave