From: Georg Lippold <georg.lippold@×××.de>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] x-setup and user defaults (was: /proc/cmdline limit of 256 chars)
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 16:31:37
1 Hi Chris,
2
3 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
4 > I wouldn't see a
5 > problem with that considering I am about to add X resolution support to
6 > mkxf86config, and it gets that information from the command line.
7
8 I currently had a lot of trouble with mkxf86config (it didn't work with
9 my synaptics touchpad on my laptop) and came to a smaller (and hopefully
10 better maintainable) solution. It's in the attachment. Currently, one
11 should have fbset to use it, if /proc/cmdline gives no information. My
12 /etc/init.d/x-setup is in the attachment.
13
14 Another thing that is inspired by Paul is /etc/init.d/user that sets
15 user preferences. Currently, it requires gdm to work, but might easily
16 be adopted to kdm. I shortly looked at xdm, but found no auto-login
17 option for xdm, so probably it won't work with that.
18
19 Greetings,
20
21 Georg