From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] How is initrd built?
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:36:47
1 %% Eric Edgar <rocket@g.o> writes:
2
3 ee> This is not a bug. There are symlinks that point /usr/sbin to
4 ee> /sbin in the initrd/initramfs. It works for me. If it doesnt
5 ee> work for you would you post the output you are seeing so I can
6 ee> troubleshoot the issue? Thanks
7
8 I think I might have spoken too quickly... I didn't have
9 "livecd/gk_mainargs: --unionfs" in my Catalyst livecd.conf file.
10
11 Since I haven't succeeded in unpacking the initramfs I really didn't
12 know what was in there; I just kind of ass-u-me'd that since the option
13 was available, genkernel would have the right stuff. Then I looked in
14 the runtime image and saw that unionctl is in /usr/sbin there, while
15 linuxrc was looking for it in /sbin, and leapt to a conclusion :-/.
16
17 I'm rebuilding now with the --unionfs option and I'll let you know.
21 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
22 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
24 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
25 --
26 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list