From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Howto
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 19:09:40
1 On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 20:06 +0200, meka wrote:
2 > I've got catalyst emerged with USE="doc examples" but can't figure out how to use it. I've looked at those examples after reading reference on the net (the xml file and I've forgot exact url). If I want to build stage1 it complains about missing stage3. Every stage wants some other stage. What should I do? Is there any unofficial howto I read? Thanx a lot! :o)
3
4 Every stage requires a seed stage to be used for building, even a
5 stage1. You will want to download a generic stage3 for your
6 architecture from your local Gentoo mirror and work from there. Also,
7 there's pretty much 0 point in building any of the stages, unless you're
8 planning on building on something we didn't release 2005.0 for... ;]
11 Chris Gianelloni
13 Games - Developer
14 Gentoo Linux