From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Catalyst wishlist for 2005
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:09:57
1 On Sun, 2005-01-02 at 17:30 -0500, John Davis wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 17:56 -0600, Michael Nygard wrote:
3 > > How about an out-of-the-box configuration that either a) builds the last
4 > > major release or b) builds an image of exactly the current system,
5 > > without requiring _any_ config or spec file edits.
6
7 > Chris (wolf31o2) was working on this for 2004.3, but it never got
8 > completed. Chris and I will most likely make something like this a
9 > requirement for 2005.0 (emerge release-specs or something like it).
10
11 Well, John may be gone, but his hope lives on! Alright, so I'm totally
12 full of it. Anyway, there are two packages, livecd-specs and
13 livecd-kconfigs, that you can merge to get the specs from 2005.0's
14 release. Also, you will get them if you emerge catalyst 1.1.9 with
15 USE="examples". I have also updated the example spec files that come
16 with USE="doc" to be much more verbose and they now explain every option
17 available.
18
19 (Yes, I know this thread is quite old, but I am reviving it, as we are
20 working hard on catalyst 2.0 and are looking to see what we would like
21 to include now or postpone for later as a TODO item.)
24 Chris Gianelloni
26 Games - Developer
27 Gentoo Linux