From: hostmaster@×××××××.at
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-catalyst] Kernel modules and packages
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:09:38
1 Hi.
2
3 I have the following problems.
4
5 I use catalyst 1.1.5 and the latest stable genkernel.
6
7 The build procedure of catalyst allways fails in livecd-stage2
8 when it trys to emerge the kernel modules i need ( e.g. ipw2200 ).
9 It always says that it i have an unconfigured kernel,
10 which is not true. The kernel itselfe was compiled before
11 the merge of the modules.
12
13 I have also a problem with livecd-stage1 builds and kernel dependend
14 packages ( e.g. kismet ). I don't know how to make catalyst to merge
15 it correct, since i have no configured kernel in livecd-stage1 and kismet
16 checks for it.
17
18 I just ask here, because i'm not shure if it's an bug in catalyst or not.
19
20 And a little suggestion for catalyst and livecd-stage1 build. Wouldn't
21 it make sense to make an :
22 emerge --deep --update --usepkg --buildpkg world
23 before merging the defined packages. Otherwise not all packages matches
24 the use flags which can be used in livecd-stage1.
25
26 cu
27
28 ED.