From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Copying read-write image contents to tmpfs
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:31:12
1 Luca Casagrande wrote:
2 > Hi to all!
3 >
4 > I am doing different testing iso before the final release of the livecd for my students.
5 > During the boot of the latest one, at the
6 >
7 > Copying read-write image contents to tmpfs
8 >
9 > step, I have got a lot of error like this:
10 >
11 > no space left on device
12 >
13 > And the boot stops.
14 >
15 > Since the previous iso, the difference are just inside the root-overlay ( I added a .desktop file).
16
17 That sounds like one big .desktop file.
18
19 > Any idea of what can be the cause of this error?
20
21 Running out of memory (at least the half of physical memory that is allocated to
22 a tmpfs by default) :P
23
24 > Can be of any use purge the cache of livecd-stage2 ?
25
26 Probably not. How much memory does the machine you're testing on have?
29 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
30 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
31 --
32 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list