From: Troy Bowman <troy@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] Oracle Grid/RAC?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:38:06
1 The CIO at the company I work is all excited about the redundancy,
2 high-availability, and economics of running Oracle RAC on inexpensive
3 Linux nodes (Instead of monolithic Oracle on our expensive IBM pSeries
4 and AIX beef) Oracle has their own "Enterprise" distro (or they condone
5 RHEL or SLES). All of those distros make me want to run away and
6 hide :)
7
8 Before you go into telling me about having a neck to strangle when
9 things go wrong, I understand that. I understand that Gentoo isn't an
10 accountable "Enterprise" Linux. But I can fix library problems with
11 Gentoo. I can also optimize things with Gentoo. I'm sure I don't have
12 to preach about Gentoo's virtues here. Suffice it to say, I would very
13 much rather use gentoo than those evil RPM-based distros.
14
15 Is anyone here running Oracle Grid/RAC on Gentoo? I haven't been able
16 to find anything on the web about it. I've only found the "HOWTO
17 Install Oracle 10g", sans RAC. Are several hoops to jump through? Has
18 anyone has written ebuilds for the supporting cluster management tools
19 that Oracle Enterprise Linux has? Are there any resources on the web
20 that you know about for Gentoo and RAC?
23 Thanks.
26 ../troy

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature