From: Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o, spyderous@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Medium to large clusters using Gentoo
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 08:56:55
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2
3 >I've just started up a list of clusters with >=32 cores using Gentoo [1]
4 >that I found using Google. It should show up on the web nodes in roughly
5 >an hour. If you have any to add to the list, or corrections or updates
6 >to it, please let me know.
9 OK, I'll report in.
10
11 We're running a highavailability cluster with currently 108 server with
12 roughly 216 cores. It's a mixed environment based on amd64, P4 and Xeons
13 which we're currently extending to 178 servers with 356 cores.
14
15 We're using the cluster to run a community networking website a la
16 MySpace or Friendster.
17
18 It basically falls apart in three different high-availability clusters
19 mysql replication-based cluster
20 apache webfarm
21 squidfarm
22
23 All servers are running gentoo.
24 If you would like more info feel free to contact me.
25
26 I saw on the project page that a new sub-project is working on
27 high-availability clusters. Who do I contact for more information ?
28
29 Thanx
30
31 Ramon
34 To be stupid and selfish and to have good health are the three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, the others are useless.
35
36 Gustave Flaubert
42 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list