From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Medium to large clusters using Gentoo
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:04:14
1 Ramon van Alteren wrote:
2 > OK, I'll report in.
3
4 Thanks!
5
6 > We're running a highavailability cluster with currently 108 server with
7 > roughly 216 cores. It's a mixed environment based on amd64, P4 and Xeons
8 > which we're currently extending to 178 servers with 356 cores.
9
10 Could you tell me who "we" is? All the other entries have an identity
11 associated with them.
12
13 > I saw on the project page that a new sub-project is working on
14 > high-availability clusters. Who do I contact for more information ?
15
16 Christian Zoffoli (xmerlin@g.o) is our high-availability maintainer, so
17 if you're looking for more packages or enhancements to existing
18 packages, contact him. If you'd like to contribute documentation, I'm
19 the right guy. If there's anything else you can think of, go ahead and ask.
20
21 We used to have some documentation floating around, but it never got put
22 on the Gentoo site and converted to GuideXML. I think there was a
23 filesystem selection guide and a Heartbeat/DRBD howto, maybe something
24 else. I'm poking the author to see whether he can dig them up.
25
26 There's also some decent documentation in the works at gentoo-wiki.com [1].
27
28 Thanks,