From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] PGI Compiles
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:25:08
1 Adam Carheden wrote:
2 > Does anyone else out there use the PGI compilers, especially the fortran
3 > compiler (pgf90)? Some packages (like netcdf) support it in the ebuild,
4 > but it would be really nice to be able to use it by default. The trick
5 > is adding it to the fortran eclass. I've got a custom version of the
6 > fortran eclass in my overlay, but I also have to make a copy of the
7 > package I want to use in my overlay and add pgf90 to the list. Easier
8 > with Gentoo than other distros, but still a bit of a haste.
9 >
10 > Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know if the devs have a
11 > good reason not to include pgi in portage or if they just haven't got
12 > around to it?
13
14 I would be happy to create an ebuild if someone buys Gentoo a license.
15 But the more general solution that needs to happen is for fortran.eclass
16 to get a way to override the known-working compiler list in ebuilds.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Donnie
20 --