From: Adam Carheden <carheden@××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] PGI Compiles
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:38:10
1 I HAVE the ebuild for PGI (5.2, 6.0, 6.2.3, 6.2.5), but I'm not buying
2 Gentoo a license.
3
4 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
5 > Adam Carheden wrote:
6 >
7 >> Does anyone else out there use the PGI compilers, especially the
8 >> fortran compiler (pgf90)? Some packages (like netcdf) support it in
9 >> the ebuild, but it would be really nice to be able to use it by
10 >> default. The trick is adding it to the fortran eclass. I've got a
11 >> custom version of the fortran eclass in my overlay, but I also have to
12 >> make a copy of the package I want to use in my overlay and add pgf90
13 >> to the list. Easier with Gentoo than other distros, but still a bit of
14 >> a haste.
15 >>
16 >> Does anyone else have this problem? Does anyone know if the devs have
17 >> a good reason not to include pgi in portage or if they just haven't
18 >> got around to it?
21 > I would be happy to create an ebuild if someone buys Gentoo a license.
22 > But the more general solution that needs to happen is for fortran.eclass
23 > to get a way to override the known-working compiler list in ebuilds.
24 >
25 > Thanks,
26 > Donnie
29 Adam Carheden