From: Giacomo Bagnoli <g.bagnoli@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] CLVM on amd64 profile
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 21:24:18
1 On Mon, 2009-05-18 at 14:39 -0500, Brian Kroth wrote:
2
3 > Since 2.6.26, OCFS2 has two cluster stacks available to it:
4 > - ocfs2_stack_o2cb: which is the original stack
5 > - ocfs2_stack_user: which is the one that requires cman and openais
6
7 oh, I missed it completely.
8 I'm using the first one :)
9
10 > > Yes, you're right. The only way I have to get a sort of STONITH (if it
11 > > can be used, I've still to check this) is IPMI which is working well so
12 > > far.
13 >
14 > I believe that will work just fine.
15
16 hoping so, after a quick search I've seen IPMI agents for heartbeat and
17 for fenced.
18
19 > > The problem is that a node will use (mount) some LVs and the other one
20 > > some others. So I can't do the fast way as you suggest, as I need to
21 > > stop all services that use data on LVs before unmounting.
22 >
23 > But, with OCFS2 you can (even temporarily) have a single node mount all
24 > the LVs, move your service IPs over, and _then_ umount and stop them on
25 > the other one while you do your changes and then remount them all.
26 > That's the great things amount a clustered fs - more than one node can
27 > play in the sandbox without problems.
28
29 Uh, that can be an option. It seems even a scriptable work, with a bit
30 of effort and error-checking, but it seems doable in the end. Will check
31 that, thanks.
32
33 > Also, I'm gonna put a plug in for Heartbeat [1] for service management.
34 > It's much more powerful than rgmanager in my opinion. If you're dead
35 > set on using the openais cluster stack you can also use pacemaker [2].
36 >The model I typically use for Heartbeat, is to have it run a couple of
37 > dummy monitoring scripts as resource agents clones that each set an
38 > attribute as to the service's health on a machine. Then using the value
39 > of that attribute I setup rules to move service IPs to the "healthiest"
40 > node, where your definition of "healthiest" is completely dependent upon
41 > your monitoring scripts.
42 >
43 Again, thanks for the pointers. Expecially pacemaker of which I did not
44 know the existence.
45
46 Giacomo