From: Hanni Ali <hanni.ali@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] SAN Clustered Filesystem
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:11:17
1 > I've looked at implementing a mysql-cluster in great detail and let it
2 > go because it's mostly meant for a setup with a fixed database-size.
3 > If you experience (large) growth in your database volume clustering is
4 > not very suitable (we're in that situation)
5
6 I'd agree, database clustering has to be planned although replication
7 is fairly straight forward to allow a significant increase in read
8 access. You may want to consider partitioning databases though to
9 allow multi-master scalability. i.e. one partition for search another
10 for user data another for content or media etc.
11
12 I did a nice graphic here for simple MySQL database replication.
13
14 http://ainkaboot.co.uk/dev/cluster-architecture.php#database-replication
15
16 Regarding file system selection fro clustering you need to implement a
17 couple of production test beds to get a real feel for which will
18 perform best. I think we've covered the main ones though.
19
20 Hanni
23 E-mail: hanni.ali@×××××.com
24 Mobile: 07985580147