From: Dan <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] gentoo 2006.1 + openmosix-sources-2.6.12.r577 + openmosix-user?
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:51:59
1 On Wed, 20 Dec 2006 20:33:55 +0300
2 momentics <momentics@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Dan, sorry - probably i missed something from this thread.
5 > can you plz to give a visibility on what you need of clustering
6
7 what i want to do is cluster all my old pentium 3s and 2s into a
8 cluster capable of distributing many-threded programs. right now I
9 have them booting diskless into a regular gentoo installation. I would
10 like it if I could have them all help each other out with processing
11 power. I can then use them for tasks such as distributed compiling. I
12 am also interested in simulated competitive evolution experiments,
13 which would to very well running on multiple hosts simultaneously.
14
15 mostly i just want a new toy, preferably with effective bogomips in the
16 rage that i can't attain with just one commodity-level computer.
17 --
18 gentoo-cluster@g.o mailing list