From: Jan Klopper <janklopper@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-cluster] OCFS support?
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 10:56:35
1 Hi,
2
3 just noticed the 2.6.16 kernel release.
4
5 One of the biggest changest to me seem to be OCFS, but the question i can't
6 seem to find an answer for is the following:
7
8 Does OCFS need a single shared storge solution, or does it propogate file
9 system changes around the cluster to the nodes local drives like lustre or
10 coda would?
11
12 If OCFS does indeed propogate file and file system changes around the cluste
13 witout using an expensive Fibrechannel storage sollution, would't it be the
14 holy grail of simple clustered file systems?
15
16 I mean could you use it to share one disk between a set of webserver cluster
17 nodes which usually just read a lot, and occasionally write to their disks?
18
19 And could this be used as a file system to allow mysql to run on a cluster
20 of nodes?
21
22 Could we setup a cluster of nodes which all read and write from the database
23 stored on such a FS?
26 Vr gr,
27 Jan Klopper
28 Innerheight Internet Diensten