From: "Brian D. Ropers-Huilman" <bropers@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] SC06 -- check out SiCortex
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:52:54
1 I stopped by their booth last tonight.
2
3 Their machine is 5.8 TF with 5,800-ish cores, six cores per "node" -- what I
4 would refer to as a socket or processor. The whole thing will consume 18 KW,
5 which is unbelievable, and will sell for $2 M.
6
7 They only have an engineering prototype board right now so they don't have
8 anything near a functional system, and won't for some time, so I doubt the
9 claims that this thing is running Gentoo.
10
11 They may run Gentoo in development and they do have a full simulator that
12 they use and it's possible either those systems or the simulated system is
13 running Gentoo.
14
15 I'll stop back there today after my talk and press them about the Gentoo issue.
16