From: Joel Martin <kanaka@g.o>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] SC06 -- check out SiCortex
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 13:37:23
1 Brian D. Ropers-Huilman wrote: [Tue Nov 14 2006, 07:51:21AM EST]
2 > Their machine is 5.8 TF with 5,800-ish cores, six cores per "node" -- what I
3 > would refer to as a socket or processor. The whole thing will consume 18 KW,
4 > which is unbelievable, and will sell for $2 M.
5
6 972 x 6-core little endian MIPS64 nodes (5832 processors total), up to
7 8 GB of memory per node, less than $2 M, super-fast fabric
8 interconnect that basically inter-connects L2 cache/DMA engines
9 between nodes.
10
11 > They only have an engineering prototype board right now so they don't have
12 > anything near a functional system, and won't for some time, so I doubt the
13 > claims that this thing is running Gentoo.
14
15 Yes, but months, not years and it definitely will run Gentoo on the
16 compute nodes.
17