From: "Andre Guimarães" <ramoni@××××××××××××.br>
To: gentoo-cluster@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-cluster] Infrastructure Documentation
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 13:23:57
1 Daniel,
2
3 We have 21 gentoo servers here and I have the same problem, I can't trust any
4 other to do serious configurations on the linux systems because they are
5 still learning things....
6
7 So, I started making an automated gentoo install system to make easy for them
8 to deploy the servers and to basic stuff via a perl shell interface, so all
9 the configurations are made to the right files...
10
11 The CD takes 15 minutes to install a complete Gentoo system and I made two
12 pre-configured servers, for Mail and for Firewall, entirely configurable by
13 the shell (including generating MRTG, nagios etc automagically).
14
15 I made this project available, if one would like to use it.
16
17 The site is:
18 http://www.lseriesos.com
19
20 I need to make clear that:
21 - I made this for my use in my organisation, and made it available to anyone
22 that who likes it...
23 - The primary goal is to automate things, so I won't be called when basic
24 things need to be configured (mails, spam rules, proxy settings), and that's
25 why I created a perl shell with the most common options to the support people
26 configure and I won't be afraid they screw the system, because they dont have
27 access do a root shell prompt.
28
29 Also, I'm sorry my english is not so good.