From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
Cc: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:15:23
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Ned Ludd <solar@g.o> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 17:18 +0000, Ciaran McCreesh wrote: >> Council: please vote on the following at the next meeting: >> >> "kdebuild-1 to be kept in PMS as-is until we're reasonably sure that no >> users have installed packages that use kdebuild-1. Since kdebuild-1 is >> no longer actively used for installable packages, when time permits, and >> to fit in with the normal release cycle, the Paludis team shall take >> steps to notify users who do have installed kdebuild-1 packages that >> they should uninstall those packages. This shall be done by having a >> deprecation check for at least one major version (x.y) series of >> releases before removal in the subsequent major version (x.z)." > > > As pointed out many times to you. kdebuild has nothing with do with > Gentoo proper. I see no reason that it should concern the council at > all. I do not intend to vote on this item and consider the matter EOF. > > If you continue to mail bomb the council list, it will be considered > abuse. >
Thank you so much for this mail. I would have been very disappointed if this discussion had continued wasting everyone's time, bandwidth and inbox space. From where I'm sitting, Ciaran's tirades have been a complete waste from every angle. I know I represent the feelings of the entire Gentoo community when I say this. I hope he takes a hint from this email, but somehow I know he won't. Regards, ~Nirbheek Chauhan Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-council] Re: [gentoo-pms] kdebuild-1 conditionales David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>