From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Agenda for September 14th meeting
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 21:58:23
On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 17:49:35 -0400
Andrew D Kirch <trelane@×××××××.net> wrote:
> > I suggest asking any potential candidates to start by addressing bug > > 282470. That should give a good indication of how well they're > > going to work with the people who do the grunt work on PMS > > I'll happily take over PMS, I'll start by summarily closing that > USERREL bug with my newfound > PMS powers. See, all we need is a bit of benevolent dictatorship... > wait, what?
Whilst I appreciate the offer Andrew, I'd hope the Council would appoint someone who has a long history of working with the PMS team and who understands the processes involved and the implications of the various kinds of changes that can be made. I'm afraid I find it hard to see your qualifications for the role from your contributions thus far. -- Ciaran McCreesh