From: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
To: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
Cc: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>, gentoo-council@l.g.o, gentoo@××××××.us
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: Stepping back from council duties
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:49:36
1 Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > On 19:40 Sun 16 Nov , Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
3 > > Count me in as well for that idea. Having that "nobody" person running
4 > > in the election allows us to have a clear and comprehensible breakup
5 > > between those candidates who could easily fill a gap and those who don't
6 > > (and therefore when it's time to hold an election for a person filling
7 > > that gap). It still leaves one question open: What to do when "nobody"
8 > > is elected on the 5th or 6th position (or even the 1st ...)?
9 >
10 > Have a smaller council. The largest number of odd people <=7 that are
11 > ranked above "nobody". There's no reason it has to be 7, and it seems to
12 > me that on a 7-person council, about half end up doing mostly nothing
13 > that's related to being on the council.
14
15 So we could end up with only 1 council member in the worst case? ;) I
16 don't think that's something we really want. In my opinion we need to
17 have at minimum 5 council members to make sure there's some kind of
18 redundancy plus to get different views and ideas on issues brought up to
19 the council.
20
21 Tobias