From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Tobias Scherbaum <dertobi123@g.o>
Cc: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@g.o>, gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Re: Stepping back from council duties
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:55:28
1 On 18:49 Mon 17 Nov , Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
2 > So we could end up with only 1 council member in the worst case? ;)
3
4 Yes, although worst is a matter of definition. If the developer
5 community wants what is effectively a benevolent dictator, then let's
6 give it to them. This is, after all, a community distribution so we
7 should do what the community wants.
8
9 > I don't think that's something we really want.
10
11 The majority of developers should choose what kind of leadership they
12 want, instead of us deciding for them.
13
14 > In my opinion we need to have at minimum 5 council members to make
15 > sure there's some kind of redundancy plus to get different views and
16 > ideas on issues brought up to the council.
17
18 Anyone can contribute views and ideas ... why do you need to be on the
19 council to do that? Most of the issues are discussed on -dev, and I've
20 pushed to make that a requirement and meetings as primarily just votes.
23 Thanks,
24 Donnie
25
26 Donnie Berkholz