From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-council@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-council] Voting by mail
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 22:31:43
1 On 2010.02.26 02:42, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
2 > (We have informally discussed this on the alias but I would like us
4 > have a more serious and open discussion about it. It looks like the
5 > agenda for the next meeting isn't going to be as loaded as usual so
6 > it's a good opportunity. I'm posting this in advance of the meeting
7 > announcement so that I can link to here from it.)
8 >
9 > In a few words here is the problem. Is it a good idea to allow
10 > council
11 > members to vote by email when they're not able to make it to the
12 > meeting? If so how? Should that be done before or allowed to be done
13 > after the meeting? Do we want to limit the number of members voting
14 > by
15 > email for a given meeting? What do we do in case there are more votes
16 > by email than the limit we set? Feel free to add more questions and
17 > your opinion. This discussion isn't limited to council members by the
18 > way.
19 >
20 > As usual I'll wait a bit before giving my personal opinion so that
21 > nobody thinks I'm pushing a personal agenda.
22 >
23 > Denis.
26 Team,
27
28 Votes by email must be after the meeting. How else can council members
29 voting by email take into account any discussion on the topic that
30 happened at the meeting?
31
32 Anything that allows flexibility is a good thing as long as
33 transparency is maintained, so vote emails need to be posted with the
34 records of council meetings.
37 Regards,
38
39 Roy Bamford