From: Fat-Zer <fatzer2@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE-Sunset : anyone home ?
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 03:02:43
1 2012/10/29 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
2
3 > I sent in a msg last week re failure of kdelibs-3.5.10-r6 to compile.
4 > Sadly, no-one has responded.
5 >
6 > No complaint to anyone, but is the Kde-Sunset overlay still supported ?
7 > If no-one remains interested in it, I can drop it & move on ;
8 > if someone who knows re it is still around, can they advise ?
9 > Without Kdelibs KDE is unusable.
12 AFAIR kdelibs fails to compile with avahi use since the creation of the
13 kde-sunset overlay...
14
15 I'm not a gentoo developer or a kde-sunset maintainer so i can't speak from
16 their names... but I consider kde-sunset is broken and I'm not sure if it
17 will be fixed some time...
18 It really needs a lot of fixes to make it work and compile normally with
19 modern libs. and I see no enthusiasm among it's maintainers...
20 I'm currently using an old build of kde-3.5 but it seems my system is
21 turning to dump with each update because I believe if I'll run an emerge
22 --depclean next time I won't be able to rebuild most of needed stuff ...
23 Currently I'm trying to make an overlay for the trinity project (a kde3.5
24 fork) but it's still quite crappy and not ready to be announced to the wide
25 public...