From: "E. Liddell" <ejlddll@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset: qt-meta-3.3.8b-r2 build failure with libpng < 1.5
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 23:22:11
On Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:28:06 -0700
"V. Ram" <vramml0@××××××××.fm> wrote:

> Also, independently, it looks like there are no ebuilds for hal any more > even though the kde-sunset packages look for the hal USE flag. I was > never a big fan of hal, but automounting of media under KDE 3.5 is still > nice to have, and as I understand it, without hal, that will no longer > occur. Any recommendations on this issue as well?
Have you tried the attic? should have all the old main-tree ebuilds and patches for hal. Dunno what the result of installing it will be, though--I've never used an automounter with my system, so I was quite happy to kick hal to the curb even though I'm still using KDE 3.5. Alternatively, someone posted a patch to the Trinity dev ML about a month ago that was supposed to enable media detection without hal. It supposedly applies to vanilla KDE 3.5.10 just fine, but I have not used it and so can't confirm whether or not it works.