From: Mark Knecht <mknecht@××××××××××.com>
To: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] X freezing? More conclusive answer!?
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2004 14:13:34
1 Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Sunday 07 November 2004 19:43, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >
4 >>Paul,
5 >> I don't know what tmpreaper is. What is similar to tmpreaper? Why
6 >>should this have changed recently?
7 >>
8 >> Sorry, but I'm jsut a user type. Not a sys admin.
11 > tmpreaper is a package that can be used to clean up the /tmp directory. It
12 > looks at the date a file was last changed/accessed, but normally fucks up
13 > with the X temporary directories. This tool is usefull when a machine runs
14 > for months at the time, but as you don't know the tool you're almost
15 > certainly not using it.
16 >
17 > Paul
18 >
19 Thanks for the explanation. I do not believe that I'm running anything
20 like that. This is a laptop set up 9 months ago using nothing more than
21 the standard Gentoo setup instructions. Basically I do email, browse and
22 play some games. My problems surfaced after starting to use recent
23 versions of Wine -AND- emerging the most recent version of xorg-x11.
24 Wine runs fine, but when I exit X to shut the machine down the machine
25 would lock up. However, if I don't run Wine I never seem to see the problem.
26
27 I've switched back to xorg-6.7 and I'm not seeing the problem nearly
28 as much.
29
30 - Mark
33 gentoo-desktop@g.o mailing list