From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] X freezing? More conclusive answer!?
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 18:58:02
1 On Sunday 07 November 2004 19:43, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Paul,
3 > I don't know what tmpreaper is. What is similar to tmpreaper? Why
4 > should this have changed recently?
5 >
6 > Sorry, but I'm jsut a user type. Not a sys admin.
7
8 tmpreaper is a package that can be used to clean up the /tmp directory. It
9 looks at the date a file was last changed/accessed, but normally fucks up
10 with the X temporary directories. This tool is usefull when a machine runs
11 for months at the time, but as you don't know the tool you're almost
12 certainly not using it.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze