From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: KDE Sunset Amarok
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 06:04:33
1 Brent Busby posted on Sun, 22 Jul 2012 12:00:42 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > On Sun, 22 Jul 2012, Alex Efros wrote:
4 >
5 >> My use case differs from yours, so I'm not sure it's a good advice, but
6 >> if you didn't tried media-sound/clementine yet - you probably should
7 >> try it. For me it completely replaced Amarok 1.4, I've configured it
8 >> exactly like my Amarok 1.4 was configured and use it in exactly same
9 >> way (some global hotkeys configured using my window manager (fluxbox)
10 >> with help of `qdbus`).
11 >
12 > Thanks, I'll check it out..
13
14 Please do. I've not used it as I found a different solution (mpd and
15 front-ends) worked better for my needs, but going by all the reviews and
16 etc I've seen, clementine really IS pretty much universally regarded as
17 the modern successor to kde3's amarok, what amarok for kde4 SHOULD have
18 been to carry on the name, while kde4's amarok is really an entirely
19 different application in both code and usage.
20
21 Based on all I've read, I highly doubt you'll be disappointed, and will
22 probably wonder why you hadn't switched sooner, saving the headaches of
23 maintaining your old amarok. =:^)
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman