From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Printing disabled in Evolution - SOLVED!
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 07:06:00
1 It was a CUPS problem. I had to comment out several of the "Require"
2 directives in cupsd.conf and now things work fine.
3
4 On Wed, 2008-12-31 at 00:02 -0600, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
5 > On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 23:50 -0600, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
6 > > I'm running the Evolution groupware stuff in Gnome on a Gentoo-based
7 > > desktop box. I have several printers available, both locally and on the
8 > > network, managed by CUPS, however Evolution refuses to use them,
9 > > apparently by configuration or design. When I try to print, the "Print"
10 > > button is greyed and disabled. All printers are listed in the printer
11 > > listing, but the only selection I can make in this list which will
12 > > enable the Print button is "Print to File".
13 > >
14 > > Any ideas?
15 >
16 > When I run Evolution from a CLI, I get the following message when I try
17 > to select one of the printers in the printing dialog:
18 >
19 > ** (evolution:18664): WARNING **: NOT IMPLEMENTED: We need to prompt for authorization in a non blocking manner
20 >
21 > I have exactly the same version of Evolution (2.22.3.1) running on my
22 > laptop (running Ubuntu) and it has no problem with printing.
23 >
24 > I'm not sure if I should file a bug on this or not, since there seems to
25 > be some (misguided!) intention behind it.