From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Printing disabled in Evolution
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 06:02:45
1 On Tue, 2008-12-30 at 23:50 -0600, Lindsay Haisley wrote:
2 > I'm running the Evolution groupware stuff in Gnome on a Gentoo-based
3 > desktop box. I have several printers available, both locally and on the
4 > network, managed by CUPS, however Evolution refuses to use them,
5 > apparently by configuration or design. When I try to print, the "Print"
6 > button is greyed and disabled. All printers are listed in the printer
7 > listing, but the only selection I can make in this list which will
8 > enable the Print button is "Print to File".
9 >
10 > Any ideas?
11
12 When I run Evolution from a CLI, I get the following message when I try
13 to select one of the printers in the printing dialog:
14
15 ** (evolution:18664): WARNING **: NOT IMPLEMENTED: We need to prompt for authorization in a non blocking manner
16
17 I have exactly the same version of Evolution (2.22.3.1) running on my
18 laptop (running Ubuntu) and it has no problem with printing.
19
20 I'm not sure if I should file a bug on this or not, since there seems to
21 be some (misguided!) intention behind it.
24 Lindsay Haisley | "The voice of dissent | PGP public key
25 FMP Computer Services | was arrested before the | available at
26 512-259-1190 | president cleared his | http://pubkeys.fmp.com
27 http://www.fmp.com | throat to speak |
28 | of freedom" |
29 | (Chris Chandler) |