From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] KDE Sunset Amarok
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 21:03:49
1 Norman Rieß writes:
2
3 > Am 22.07.12 18:41, schrieb Brent Busby:
4 > > Recently, something apparently changed on my system during an update
5 > > such that Amarok 1 from KDE Sunset will no longer build with the mp4
6 > > USE flag turned on. Since that effectively means that it would no
7 > > longer be able to play M4A files ripped from YouTube streams, that
8 > > would effectively end my interest in Amarok, so I tried upgrading to
9 > > the new QT4 version just to see if it's as awful as everybody says.
10
11 > this will not solve your problem with Amarok, but it could bypass it.
12 > http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
13 > This site will let you download the Files as MP3 if you do not want to
14 > recode them yourself.
15
16 I can recommend media-sound/soundkonverter for such conversion tasks.
17 Just drop the video into the soundKonverter window, select the desired
18 output format and location, and start the conversion.
19
20 http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/soundKonverter?content=29024
21
22 Wonko