From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 02:12:40
1 Am Donnerstag, 05.12.2013 um 18:09
2 schrieb Andreas Sturmlechner <andreas.sturmlechner@×××××.com>:
3
4 > ---Original Message---
5 > From: wabenbau@×××××.com
6 > > Hi folks,
7 > >
8 > > I was a KDE user for many years (starting with KDE version 0.4) but
9 > > since KDE4 ousted KDE3 I'm using XFCE.
10 > [CUT]
11 > > Before I try to do this, I have some questions.
12 > >
13 > > 1. How secure is it to use KDE 3.5 from the kde-sunset overlay? Are
14 > > there maybe security leaks that are fixed in KDE4 but not in KDE
15 > > 3.5?
18 > KDE 3.5 in general and kde-sunset as well is horribly outdated and
19 > broken. There is no rational reason to not use KDE4 these days.
20 > plasma-workspaces-4.11 enjoys long term support and is exactly what
21 > you are looking for. It doesn't look or behave much different than
22 > 3.5 anyway. Verdict: Don't make yourself unhappy.
23
24 Ok. THX for the information.
25 Maybe I give KDE4 a second chance. All I wanna use is konqueror and
26 some utilities. I've tried konqueror4 some years ago and it was
27 horrible. I hope it's better now.
28
29 Regards