From: Andreas Sturmlechner <andreas.sturmlechner@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] kde-sunset
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 17:09:50
1 ---Original Message---
2 From: wabenbau@×××××.com
3 > Hi folks,
4 >
5 > I was a KDE user for many years (starting with KDE version 0.4) but
6 > since KDE4 ousted KDE3 I'm using XFCE.
7 [CUT]
8 > Before I try to do this, I have some questions.
9 >
10 > 1. How secure is it to use KDE 3.5 from the kde-sunset overlay? Are
11 > there maybe security leaks that are fixed in KDE4 but not in KDE 3.5?
14 KDE 3.5 in general and kde-sunset as well is horribly outdated and broken.
15 There is no rational reason to not use KDE4 these days. plasma-workspaces-4.11
16 enjoys long term support and is exactly what you are looking for. It doesn't
17 look or behave much different than 3.5 anyway. Verdict: Don't make yourself
18 unhappy.