From: Brent Busby <brent@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop] Re: kde-sunset: new akode build problems
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 00:52:26
1 On Sun, 22 Aug 2010, Dr Andrew John Hughes wrote:
2
3 > Can you post the full build log as an attachment or URL? All I can
4 > tell from the current output is that libakode.la is not being produced
5 > by something earlier in the build.
6 >
7 > If this is an as-needed issue, the problem is likely to be that akode
8 > was implicitly relying on a dependent library bringing in another
9 > library it needs and it no longer does that because of as-needed.
10 > I've already seen patches going into the mainline packages to fix such
11 > issues (may be worth checking if you have any pending updates). I hit
12 > at least one issue like this when rebuilding after the --as-needed
13 > change went in.
14 >
15 > Adding stuff like --as-needed may help the occasional libpng upgrade,
16 > but it means packages may be being built in a way that isn't being
17 > tested regularly by its developers.
18
19 Okay, here is the whole build log as an attachment.
22 + Brent A. Busby + "We've all heard that a million monkeys
23 + UNIX Systems Admin + banging on a million typewriters will
24 + University of Chicago + eventually reproduce the entire works of
25 + Physical Sciences Div. + Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet,
26 + James Franck Institute + we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky

build.log text/plain