From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Re: Interest inquery: kde4-nosemantic overlay
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 21:42:10
1 Dominique Michel posted on Sun, 07 Jul 2013 12:10:29 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > With USE="-consolekit -policykit -semantic-desktop -udisks -udisks2
4 > -upowe", I get ride of both *kit and semantic-desktop in kde, and of the
5 > whole of gnome as a bonus. -:)
6
7 That's very similar (identical?) to what I have. But the semantic-
8 desktop flag is going away for kde 4.11... unfortunately, and they're
9 forcing semantic-desktop on. The gentoo/kde project reasoning is in the
10 link I provided in the thread starter.
11
12 You might try razor-qt or a gtk-based desktop instead. Or... my patches.
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman