From: Lindsay Haisley <fmouse-gentoo@×××.com>
To: gentoo-desktop@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-desktop] Multimedia Playback Speed
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:08:55
1 I'm having difficulty getting multimedia clips to play at the proper speed.
2 Almost everything I play, across several players and file types, including
3 RealPlayer, wants to play too fast. Video goes quickly and voices all sound
4 like The Chipmunks. None of the player utilities seem to have a speed
5 control so I don't know how to manage the problem. My laptop, running
6 Ubunto, doesn't have the problem. Windows doesn't have the problem,
7 although on my desktop system playing these clips inside a guest Windows OS
8 in VMware has the same problems that VMware always seems to have with audio
9 - lots of breaks in the audio (and video). I'd really like to to solve this
10 problem on the Linux side.
11
12 Does anyone have any ideas how I should go about correcting this?
15 Lindsay Haisley | "Fighting against human | PGP public key
16 FMP Computer Services | creativity is like | available at
17 512-259-1190 | trying to eradicate | <http://pubkeys.fmp.com>
18 http://www.fmp.com | dandelions" |
19 | (Pamela Jones) |
20 --